Monday 2 December 2013

Deeper Focus - Oil Pastel Character Animation (Part 2)

Oil pastel character animation round 2!

I finally had a chance to animate an entire walk cycle using my character. My setup was similar to the first time that I tried but with a few key differences:

1. I expanded the size of the reference animation so that it would be easier to animate the details on the face.
     (helpful tip: don't print directly off of photoshop because it takes forever to load on the school printers)

2. Acquired a key for the shooting room. Locked doors means greater security for your work mid-shoot.

The animation process went well this time. The setup was mostly the same, with a glass pane separating the reference animation underneath and holding the acetate with the oil pastel layer on top. The most difficult part of the whole process was keeping the lighting consistent from frame to frame.

1 comment: