Wednesday 6 November 2013

Deeper Focus - Quick Test

I started my animation process by exploring the concept image that I found the most striking. When I think about the imagery in my Grad Film I'm really attracted to the scene of prairie grasses slowly swaying in the wind. I started by studying the way that prairie grasses move when they get caught in the wind.

Example screenshot of youtube videos that were referenced.

I tried quickly animating a clump of grass in Adobe Photoshop, hoping to begin the process of compositing the grass together using Adobe After Effects. Photoshop doesn't really have the greatest timeline for animating so I would definitely look to eliminate my reliance on that program for any future animation tests. I also found that offsetting the timing of one clump of grass and overlapping/distorting the angle of the layers made for the most convincing grass animation.



No comments:

Post a Comment